Monday, May 13, 2013

Somebody that I used to know

I remember we used to walk to school together every day.
We'd get there an hour early just so we could play.
You and I would sit on the monkey bars and just scream and shout,
We didn't care when everyone went inside, we would stay out.
Sometimes I would go to class an hour late,
Just to extend the memories you and I would create.
I remember always playing truth or dare,
I'd tell you I liked you and you would never care.

I remember when we would hang out at the happy tree,
And spend hours just laughing, you and me.
I remember as kids we would play cops and robbers,
But you tradded that in to date someones daughters.

I remember when you started hanging out with new friends,
That's okay because every good story has to come to an end.
I remember a lot when it comes to you and I,
But I don't exactly remember where things started going awry.
From hanging out every second of every day,
To awkward glances in the hall to looking away.

I don't know why it hurts this much,
But I didn't do a lot when we started to lose touch.
I had my friends and you seemed to have yours,
Now all you are is my neighbor, shut behind closed doors.
I don't want it to be like this, but I don't know how to make a change,
Our relationship just became ever so strange.

I don't even remember when you became my friend,
You're in all my ealiest memories, but now they just seem to blend.
I see you out the window from time to time,
Wishing you would say hi to me like it wasn't a crime.

I remember all the love I had for you,
And now I wish you weren't just somebody that I once knew.


1 comment:

  1. "I remember always playing truth or dare,
    I'd tell you I liked you and you would never care."

    Ouch.

    ReplyDelete